ECHOE – Education for Heritage, Outdoor Education
Project number: 510506 – LLP-1-2010-1-RO-GRUNDTVIG-GMP
Grant agreement number: 2010-3428 / 001 - 001
ECHOE is a project co-financed by the European Union within Lifelong Learning programme and gathers partners from 6 countries: Romania, Italy, Austria, Turkey, Belgium and Norway.
ECHOE project will explore ways to combine education for/about heritage (especially related to historic and archeological sites) with outdoor education (including ecology, heritage protection, sports, leisure and open air activities). The project will identify the difficulties faced by the local stakeholders in taking this approach (published in the form of a needs analysis report), it will develop a series of methodological papers providing guidance to both adult educators and cultural operators, and it will explore through a series of workshops what would be a practical way of creating and implementing such blended educational programmes. The outputs will be gathered in a Resource book for outdoor training providers, cultural operators, public authorities, associations and NGOs from the fields of education, culture and tourism, private companies providing training and educational activities or tourist services, published in English and in all languages of partners participating in the project.
Implementation period: November 2010 – October 2012
- to contribute to the development of the knowledge and skills of adult educators on an integrated approach of heritage and outdoor education;
- to explore together with project stakeholders new ways of developing educational programmes for adults that uses cultural and natural resources of a region;
- to promote to local decision-makers and stakeholders the approach combining outdoor education and education for heritage.
Target groups and their needs:
- Adult educators and trainers working in private and public structures, in associations and NGOs providing educational, cultural and social services or as providers of outdoor and leisure activities.
- Professionals from cultural and heritage organizations
- Representatives of regional administrations responsible for educational and cultural policies
- Providers and promoters of tourist services
- Adult learners
Main project’s outputs:
- Report on training needs of adult educators and cultural professionals
- Methodological and guidance papers on ECHOE contribution to learning outcomes and its use for adult learners and educators
- Workshops with local target groups
- Creative traces – reports from the workshops with the target groups
- Resource book on heritage and outdoor education
- Curtisoara international summer school
Coordinator: Center of Professional Training in Culture, RO, www.cppc.ro
Centro Universitario Europeo per I Beni Culturali, IT, www.univeur.org
Dkommer interkulturelle personalentwicklung, AU, www.dkommer.at
Menderes Town National Education Directorate, TR, www.menderes-meb.gov.tr
Landcommanderij Alden Biesen, BE, www. alden-biesen.be
Fjellugla Kompetanse, NO
Moderon AS, NO, www.esua.com
Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, www.cultura.ro